As 2022 draws to a close, the Better BuyingTM team would like to thank all our supporters, and wish you Happy Holidays, and a Happy New Year.
2022 has been the year when purchasing practices’ moment has arrived, with a growing understanding across the industry that responsible purchasing is the “missing link” in the drive for a more sustainable apparel and garments sector.
2022 has also been a landmark year for Better BuyingTM, and our busiest to date. We have seen a 50% increase since last year in the number of brand and retailer subscribers, and the highest number of supplier ratings to date in our flagship survey, the Better Buying Purchasing Practices IndexTM. We also published the findings from our new, shorter survey, The Better Buying Partnership IndexTM, and launched a new e-Learning course for brands and retailers.
Blog and Article Highlights from 2022
- Michael Levine, Under Armour’s Chief Sustainability Officer
- Anant Ahuja of Shahi Exports, Better Buying’s newest Board Member
- Stephen E Lamar, AAFA – The Need for Robust First Mile Thinking
- Dr. Marsha Dickson – The Path to Responsible Purchasing: brands and retailers are too different for a ‘one size fits all’ approach to developing standards
- Dr. Marsha Dickson – Living Wages: Time for an Annual Health Check?
The Better BuyingTM Story!
Hey Fashion! Talk on smart procurement approaches to overproduction:
- Dr. Marsha Dickson honored as a Sustainability Leader in Vogue Business 100 Innovators 2022.
- Better Buying Partnership SurveyTMprovides purchasing practices metric for The Industry We Want
- Better BuyingTM joins Sustainable Apparel Coalition as an Affiliate Member
Don’t forget to complete the STTI Survey of Commercial Compliance – open for ratings until mid-January, and now available in English, Chinese (simplified), Indonesian and Vietnamese, and help us track progress in brand and retailer commercial compliance throughout the STTI initiative.
Click on THIS LINK to complete survey
Coming Soon: What’s Ahead in 2023?
- Special Report: Purchasing Practices and Noncompliance: How the available research can inform supply chain due diligence
- January 19th – the first in our new series of peer learning webinars, with speakers from Reformation, L.L. Bean and Ralph Lauren (Better BuyingTM subscribers only).
All that remains is to once again thank you for all your support, and to wish you all Happy Holidays, and a happy and prosperous New Year.
See you all in 2023!